Thursday, September 25, 2014

Day 264


Back in DC. Looks as if I have brought some moisture with me from Seattle as my sister tells me that these are the first rains in over two months. Hey, glad to help out, maybe the farmers in Central California will hire me for a rain dance. I am available (cash only and no barters.)

We visited our favorite greasy spoon this morning and got caught up on pertinent gossip, local, personal and International. Seems there is a lot to discuss on each.

I have done about as much as I can to prepare for the Sea-Gull Century on Saturday and the Augusta 70.3 on Sunday. Believe it or not, I have some margins built in, so excluding complete disaster I should be OK. Tired and weary, but OK. The obvious challenges, non film related, are getting lost on the 150 miles between Salisbury and Dulles and the flight being delayed or cancelled. I will tend to the former and allow the airlines to manage the later. Yo Frontier, check the oil.

The second leg, the 150 miles from Atlanta to Augusta will be a little different as I must balance my caffeine intake with the need to sleep immediately upon arrival at the motel. Fortunately, any errors here will merely result in the loss of sleep.

Weather is calling for 81 and sunny Saturday and 70 and partial clouds Sunday. Tells me this front is heading South-west.

Outside of human error, airline ineptitude or silly shows of stupidity the biggest question is, and always will be, the weather.

Shooting video of bicycle races can be a bit like baseball that way.

Sometimes you win, sometime you lose and sometimes you get rained out.

Nuke LaLoosh nailed that one. Remind me to tell you one day of my phone conversation with the real Crash Davis.

Pix: Top Kathy and me back at the Steak & Egg Cafe. Me and my Carona in Denver.

No comments: