Saturday, September 13, 2014

Day 252

Is it becoming a pattern?

Like cool nights and hot days that produce ripe fruit?

I have noticed that usually once a week my symptoms acerbate leaving me with a sole option (assuming I am in a place where the option is an option.)

It happens on a weekend. Last week Saturday in Madison was it. Last night was it here. The option is to lay down, take two anti-acids and an oxycodone-acetaminophen and hope for the best. Usually in 7-9 hours I will be ready to roll. But why the weekend?

Stress? Accumulation of fatigue? Bad diet (eating good on the road is as challenging as a college football away game), or all of the above? It could be the sum. But then why last night?

This, then, is a way to log the occurrences in order to manage them. To pick and choose the cycles of opportunity and exploit them. This is the mood-ring of my data charting.

To test I decided that I am going to race tomorrow.

Hell yeah.

I am in absolutely no shape whatsoever to race, but I don't care. I want to be back out there and mixing it up with reality. I want to say to myself (again) before the first buoy, 'should have hit the pool more',  I want to say (again) on the bike, 'if you are going to have ANY KIND of a decent time, it is here and it is now' and I want to say (once more) during that run, 'keep pushing it is almost done.'

And then I want to have some french toast and coffee and drive home.

THAT is a pattern I can use.

No comments: