Monday, September 22, 2014

Day 261

Monday, today is the first day of Fall. Wow.

Where has the time gone?

Are things moving faster? Are they seemingly spinning like a top? Is this phenomenon the same for you as it seems to me?

Is there anything we can do about it?

Well, yes there is.

We can enjoy every moment and stay centered, balanced and present as long as we are able.

I talk about this a lot in spin class, but it goes well beyond the confines of our two cycle dojos.

It is here and now.

I am tested on this about a thousand times a day. I fail about 9,999.

Yet I remain convinced that the eventual success of the practice lies in the effort.

Knowing that I will fail, that I am human and that by my very nature I will suffer and eventually die, makes it all somewhat like a game.

A game I can win right NOW.

But untimely I will lose.

I will get hammered by the aging process, beat up by decay and bloodied by entropy. I might succumb to cancer. I might get flattened by a semi. I could possibly never recover from this mysterious heart ailment.

So what.

I don't care.

I want to win this minute. Right here and right now.

The future can wait.

Reach for the now.

No comments: