Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Day 255, Vacation?

Back to the log.

I feel like shit. Chest pounding, very low HR (48), headache, flashing neon signs in left eye. Tried to run it out this morning with an easy 5K. HR went to 180 in first two minutes then stabilized at 115 for remainder of the 30. I did say easy, right?

So here with 30 minutes before heading out to the PowerBarn, our CompuTrainer Multi-Rider Center for a 2x20 set (last night I kept HR below 130 @ 195 watts) and I am on the fence as to whether or not to ride.

One voice (the loud one) screams hell yes, you pussy.

The other whispers that maybe you should think about a day off.

I have been hydrating all day, taking electrolytes and had the usual bolus of protein after the easy (!) run. Plus I have been keeping with the iron and magnesium and I popped two 200mg ibuprofen an hour ago. I should be set.
But I still feel like shit.

At least I figured a work-around with the corrupted video files from Madison and it is now in final render.

Maybe it IS all stress related.

I might need a vacation. Simon's pool in Lanzarote perhaps.

No comments: