Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Day 297.18

I could cop-out and say that it has been a long day. Surely you would understand and empathize. But I am trying to be a good blogger and give something to you (besides the privilege of being part of the streak.)

So here goes.

Today I learned a little something about myself. It was in the heat of battle. Instead of defaulting to my usual defense mechanisms and tactics I tossed some patience, understanding and compassion into the mix.

It worked and I was at once as surprised as elated. WOW.

I got a lot done. I did what I had to do. The plate was full but we fit another serving of veggies in there ntl.

I finally read the label of those peanuts I have been enjoying so much on the drive home after PB sessions. I asked Walt at the mart why he didn't tell me that they contained 35 grams of saturated fat. He said, I was the last person that should be worried about that. The conversation got interesting when I replied that I should be the FIRST person to be worried.

I learned tonight that lack of regular sex is the primary cause of adult male grumpiness.

Damn. It was a long day, but a productive one.

Sleep needed, see you tomorrow.

No comments: