Saturday, October 25, 2014

Day 294.15. Is this it?

Classical music on HD radio. Intense. The new system is so nice. I am simply siting here listening to Spanish classical guitar with the falling rain as backdrop. I have slogged 40 grams of protein, gulped a smoked Gouda cheese sandwich (on sourdough) and now onto the 'tween activities before the Huskies take on the ASU Sun Devils at (yikes) 7:45 tonight.

We had a rather interesting 90 minute set this morning. My right hip flexor was still inflamed from yesterday's ride home, so I needed to hunker down and focus on each pedal rotation in order to balance and control. Still we did some pretty dynamic and demanding protocols, so much so that I fielded three 'complains' about the degree of difficulty afterwords. THREE! Usually I just get one or two.

Things continue to improve in pacer world. I feel pretty good. Yesterday there were several instances of chest pings, but all manageable. And post workout today I feel very good. SO THIS MIGHT BE IT! Just a few meters away from the KoM? CAN I GET A HALLELUJAH?

I pray that it is. I m so tired of all the symptoms popping up around the clock. I am tired of feeling like I am one beat away from a stroke. I HATE the hypotension, the dizziness, the fatigue, the mental fog. Could all that have been a result of the combination of Bradycardia, Atrial Fibrillation and (gasp) the aging process?

It took us twenty months to get to here. Twenty long and painful months, but twenty of 746. (62x12+2)

Ans maybe, just maybe, the next twenty will have a record level of quality. If it is to be, guess it's up to me.

The music sure helps.

No comments: