Friday, October 3, 2014

Day 271

I am not going to Kona this year. First time in a decade I will miss the World Championships of Triathlon. I am already in withdrawals. I will get over it, but it may take a some time. I will give it till noon tomorrow.

Found out yesterday that I will be the recipient of a dual-chamber pacemaker come one week from today. Yup, as nothing else has worked so far, Dr. Robbinson and my lead counsel agreed to the procedure. I am not 100% sure how I feel about it, but much like the Kona situation I am confident that quicker than a heartbeat (don't start) I will accept the reality and move along. She has insisted that it can only help and that my training and racing will be impacted to the positive as a result.

I am feeling better already.

The observatory on Mona Kea shot last March. Back in the days when I was 100% organic.

No comments: