Friday, April 17, 2015

Day 4.107 Don't worry

"Don't worry about what you don't know, worry about what you don't do."

This in reference to teaching. The context is that many of us wait until we feel adequately qualified or have the necessary credentials to share with others.

Everybody has the gift of uniqueness of experience. NOBODY has done all that you have, in the manner you have and with the resulting wisdom that you have.

One of the true beauties of social media is in the way we can communicate and share stories. If a small percentage of those stories is didactic, everybody wins. I have no idea what the codes look like in making this internet thing work, but I recognize the power of the medium. I can share stories, tales, anecdotes, victories, hopes, defeats, recipes and notes from the road. I find this as amazing as I find it awesome.

It doesn't matter what I know if I don't share. I do not have to be the greatest living blogger in America, knowing all there is to know about search engine optimization and advanced algorithms to share my thoughts, experiences and impossible schemes.

And yes a big part of this is therapeutic. I write because I wish to improve as much as I write to share. I get to outline thoughts and develop ideas. I get to journal. The content may not be a exciting as a Hollywood boiler plate, but nobody out there wears my running shoes.

Just me.

So I don't worry about what I don't know. I know what I don't know. I try every day to lower that incredible sum.

I do however, worry about what I don't do.

I pray to have the wisdom and courage to so do.

No comments: