Thursday, November 6, 2014

Day 306.27

Seems like just yesterday that we were full of piss and vinegar.

Launching an exciting new product, a delicious blend of technology and exercise physiology.

We called it Real Course Video.

I brokered the original deal.

We had the World Triathlon Corporation, owners and operators of the Ironman brand as partners.

I was the guy.

The future was nothing but blue skies from now on.

I traveled the world shooting video and collecting GPS.

We sold a ton of product.

I should be happy, right?

We failed.

We allowed the younger, smarter, more aggressive and better financed to lead the next phase.

And they never looked back. They didn't care about their predecessors, the R&D, the countless hours we spent in creation of the product.

Why should they?

So today I look back on all the sweat on the floor and think:

We blew it.

No, I blew it.

No comments: