Sunday, August 3, 2014

Day 212, Thanks Dad

I posted this pic over on our FB blog as well.

I was moved.

I followed these two for a mile or so just to see how far Dad (left) was going to, or could, keep helping his son (right) up the hill.

And it's no ordinary hill. It is the gem of the Cascade's, Hurricane Ridge. Seventeen miles up. Fifty-two hundred feet of up. Relentless up.

I couldn't imaging doing this when I was ten.

About half way today I wondered if I could do it (again) at my current age (somewhat more than ten.)

This is special. Dad helping his kid up the hill.

I don't know why this simple act struck such an emotional cord with me.

But it did. And I feel privileged to have witnessed the act, honored even.

Maybe I do know why.

Yes, I believe I do.

Nice job Dad.

And thanks.

No comments: