Saturday, August 2, 2014

Day 211

I almost got arrested in 2002 for climbing atop our only bridge and shooting some video of the guys in a peloton riding below.

It was for a film I was producing for the Seattle Triathlon Club (RIP).

Evidently somebody just HAD to alert the authorities that someone was on top of the bridge.

Going to jump?

A terrorist?

Surely, breaking some law somehow. Probably a decent, tax paying, law abiding conservative republican just 'calling it in.'

Yesterday, a mere 12 years later I returned to the scene of the crime. I figured the statue of limitations and our new pot laws might chill out the vigilantes. I was, again, capturing footage for a new project, the footage for which can only be gathered mid-span. Because I can't afford a helicopter and I haven't ordered my drone yet.

So off I go.

Thinking all the while, get in , get the shot and get the hell out.

I did it twice, once looking North and once South.

I was a little nervous. I must be getting old. And then I was glad it is over.

Then I thought,

FUCK them. My taxes paid for this bridge the same way that they pay for police, the military and every other force designed to keep us in the illusion of safety.

FUCK that too!

I am shooting video you low-life blowhards. Leave me the hell alone. I am not going to harm you in any way. I simply like taking moving pictures from interesting view points.

Dig?

No comments: