Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Day 2.49 Good to Go

This morning, in an oxygen compromised state of physical effort, I was reminded of this reality: If it is a go, the quality of go is up to me.

We are good to go. You have heard it many times. Mostly, I think, it is overused and relates too often to simple passage as compared to the undertaking of a difficult endeavor.

It is crucial that we first give ourselves a good to go. Good to get started. Because whatever your current level of physical, financial, spiritual, martial, or intellectual status, there is something in you that is screaming for attention.

Can  you hear it?

I just did the 'can you hear it' drill and guess what?

I heard a choir. All vocally suggesting, in harmonic cacophony, that attention is not only needed but in emergency mode. A five-alarm, four-part libretto in C major.

Every time this happens I knee-jerk respond with the usual litany of weak excuses. Lame, lazy and ludicrous. You know, I'm doing the best I can, times are tight, I'll start tomorrow, I am too busy….

Hogwash.

That is why our training is so important. At the very least we are taking care of perhaps the most important element in the mix, the physical. And please do not try to think it is ONLY the physical, because the cerebral, the physiological, the attitudinal components are tested and improved as we work the body past its zone of comfort. This is big.

So when we are good to go. Let's ensure that the quality of go is high.

If you are gonna go, GO HARD. GO LONG. GO WITH AWARENESS, GO WITH PASSION. GO WITH ATTITUDE.

But do go.

No comments: