Monday, February 16, 2015

Day 2.47 Go Run

"The reason is that I like the novels I have written. And I'm really looking forward to seeing what kind of novel I'll produce next. Since I'm a writer with limits - an imperfect person living an imperfect, limited life - the fact that I can still feel this way is a real accomplishment. Calling it a miracle might be an exaggeration, but I really do feel this way. And if running every day helps me accomplish this, then I'm very grateful to running."

From Haruki Murakami's tiny tome "What I Talk About When I Talk About Running."

You can substitute, as in my case, blogging and cycling. Not that I always like the end-results, but that isn't the why. It is the how. And as long as I, as Haruki illustrates, keep doing it, recognizing the imperfections with gratitude, things will be fine.

Further, never shying from exaggeration, I will go right ahead and call this miraculous.

On another note (those in the House of Mirth will understand) for your review here are the 17th, 18th & 19th Presidents of the United States.

Andrew Johnson (NOT Jackson)
Ulysses S. Grant
Rutherford B. Hayes

Now go run.

No comments: