Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Day 2.42 I Feel Great!

I am cooked. Gassed. Way past mere fatigue.

I sip coffee and fumble for my iPhone to check phone messages even though it is not even seven.

We have just ripped through a set of Super Eights, one of the most demanding of all indoor cycling protocols. It is painful. After that it was upstairs for the core routine, which, by comparison, was a walk in the park.

Now we are done and I feel the afterglow as endorphins, dopamine and maybe even some adrenaline mix it up in my bloodstream. I should be having a protein shake, but the coffee is free and the shakes five bucks. In the world of the indigent this is a no-brainer.

I am pleased with the progression. Yesterday was a thirty minute run, last night an efficient session on the bike. I actually slept well for the first time in quite a while. And then this.

A turning point workout.

I sit sipping the free coffee provided for employees of the club. Up walks Joe and takes a seat opposite. We exchange opinions on politics, medicine, sports and lastly the value that we receive from morning workouts. He asks me how many people regularly attend my indoor cycling classes and is somewhat impressed (it seems to me) when I answer.

Then he says something incredible.

He says those people depend on me.

I am gassed. Cooked and way past fatigue.

I feel great. 

No comments: