Monday, July 28, 2014

Day 206

350 miles logged today. Most of them in the rain. On an Interstate. Without any decent radio reception. NPR did another nice job on the start of WWI. But I was longing for history on a more personal note.

Had a chance to visit with myself. There are some issues that need resolution.

As always, I think about women in my life. And how I could be so much more to them. If only…..

I think about my status as an independent contractor. A free-lance videographer. What that means. How it plays and my responsibility to my existing clients as well as myself.

To whom do I owe the greater consideration?

When does loyalty play a part?

What, really, is a conflict of interest?

What is the responsibility of a vendor, as compared to an employee?

What morals and integrity surface?

Exclusivity in the age of information?

Whom do I owe what?

And why?

350 miles and no clearer an overall picture. There remains more questions than answers.

One thing is certain.

I will do my best to do my best. If you want me as teammate, say so.

Otherwise, good luck and good bye. I do not have the time, the patience, nor the desire for chicken-shit mediocrity.

We shoot for the moon. Or miss by 350 miles. Like heading for Oregon and ending in Jersey.

Let's count it down.

No comments: