Monday, July 21, 2014

Day 199, tight

Another tight schedule. A deadline. Three actually.

Such is the life of an independent.

There is freedom. As well as its flip side; Uncertainty.

It has been uncertain for so long now I have forgotten what security feels like.

Security of any dimension.

But let us be clear: Security is NOT the goal.

Happiness is.

Making the BIG question a rather simple one:

CAN I BE HAPPY WITHOUT THE ILLUSION OF SECURITY?

Lucky I guess I am too busy being productive to ponder the philosophy (again).

Or, like my brother used to say, "Just because you are starving doesn't necessarily make you an artist".

Or, as Warren Zevon boasted, "I'll sleep when I'm dead".

Or, as S.I. Hiakawa suggested, "Be happy in your work".

Or, as David K. Reynolds preached, "Do what must be done".

I am on a tight schedule.

So are you.

No comments: