Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Day 180, Sucess!

We were successful! 

But not without drama.

With less than one minute till the start, I had an, ahem, change of heart.

I announced to the staff that I wasn't happy.

Which got their attention.

I told them I didn't feel 'good about it', after all they were going to intentionally stop my heart.

Facing away from the EGK I asked what my current HR was.

My favorite fellow, looking up, announced, '102'.

It was less than 60 ten seconds ago, what do your think is up?

You are fighting it.

Yes I am, that is what I do.

It will be alright, just relax.

Easy for you to say.

My favorite fellow quietly left the side of the lead Cardiologist, walked around the giant red tool kit and reappeared at the foot of the bed. She was rubbing my feet.

My HR went back to 'normal' in less than five rubs.

I closed my eyes and listened.

I opened my eyes and said 'let's do it'.

Are you sure?

Yes.

Out go the lights.

Thirty seconds pass, my heart is stopped and re-started with 200 joules of juice. I open my eyes.

And smiled at my favorite fellow.

Who was smiling too, because the procedure was successful.

Never underestimate the power in the touch of another human being.

We were successful.

No comments: