Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Day 187


I want to keep a positive outlook. The glass is full as much as empty.

Sometimes it takes a little something extra to ensure.

That is why we practice.

We intentionally dial up the intensity to rehearse.

So when those moments, episodes, periods, eras show up, as they will, we are ready and experienced in managing their complexities.

How do I deal with challenge?

Adversity?

Despair?

Loss?

Failure?

Ill health?

Poverty?

Bankruptcy?

Training can help. At the very least it is a terrific stress buster, and at best a powerful tool to prepare for the atrocities hiding right around the corner.

I find that going beyond what I was capable of, as recent as yesterday, keeps me present and prepared.

I might not be.

There have been times in my life that as ready as I thought I was to cope with dire circumstances, I crumbled like a castle made of sand when things turned to the intense. When the going got rough. When people looked to me for leadership.

I have failed often.

But.

When the next time comes, and it will, I will be ready. Like maybe Captain Nemo.

I pray.

No comments: