Friday, July 4, 2014

Day 182, Sam

Happy Birthday to Uncle Sam.

As much as I complain about the things I think we could do better, we do a considerable amount of good.

We have our issues. We have our weakness'. We fight amongst ourselves. We are bigoted and myopic. We are consumers and hypocrites.

Our inhumanity to our fellow man is deplorable. We waste. We whine. We pollute.

But we have amazing resiliency. We are loyal to a fault. We want to believe. We want to be a part of something bigger than ourselves. We like the taste of freedom. And we will rally to protect it.

It has been a love/hate relationship between be and my Uncle.

Sometimes it makes me crazy mad.

Sometimes I am as patriotic as a Yankee Doodle Dandy.

I will admit that I am not a fireworks fan. Today is a tough day. I want to hug dogs and console Vets with PTSD.

I want to end bombs bursting in air.

I wish Born in the USA was our National Anthem. But...

I still vote.

I still like apple pie.

I still think we're number one.

Happy Birthday Uncle.

No comments: