Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Day 186, Move it!

The most startling finding in the study is the drop in the amount of exercise Americans do in our free time. The researchers found that from 1988 to 2010, the percentage of adults who reported doing no exercise in their free time grew dramatically from 19 percent to 52 percent in women, and from 11 percent to 43 percent in men.

I HATE Stanford. One day a year. You know the day. When they play the UW. We got robbed last year by a horrible reversed call late in the game. Robbed, I tell you!!!

The other 364 I LOVE Stanford. They are the exception to many a student/athlete cliche.

They come in a very close second to the universities of which I wish I held a degree.

So imagine my delight when they released this juicy morsel of research (see above link). About obesity and its causes.

Something we already knew. The role of exercise. But this big a role? Not even I suspected it.

Sink your teeth into this one: 19 to 52 percent since 1988.

I stand amazed. Not necessarily surprised, but amazed. Maybe alarmed is the correct A-word.

Huskies, Cardinal, PEOPLE OF THE WORLD:

Start moving more.

No comments: