Saturday, July 5, 2014

Day 183, Half-Way Home

It was a couple of good days.

Wednesday and Thursday.

Sometime yesterday, the Fourth of July, less than three days since the cardio-aversion procedure re-set my HR to a regular, or normal, rate, I slipped back into A-Fib.

I couldn't pinpoint the exact moment, but I knew the signs: Loss of energy, lack of power, tinges of numbness on my port side, light headedness and the annoying return of frequent bouts of positional hypotension. Yep, we're baaaaaack.

So I say: So what!

My heart rate is back up, irregular, but still beating. I remain in the game. I am among the living. I can function (with focus and motivation).

I will chat with the cardiologists and discuss the next move. In the meantime it is simply back to the track and more of the same.

I think I got it bad?

How about my friend Corinne Hutton (above), she does everything with no hands or feet.  Let's talk about courage, let's talk about faith, let's talk about hope. Let's talk about inspiration.

Her plight makes mine look like a stroll on the beach. Literally, I have been chicked.

Yet I will survive. We will survive.

And we will do it with grace, and fire and thankfulness.

It was a good couple of days.

Attitude will provide more.

And today is day 183, we are half-way home.

No comments: