Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Video Set List


I have only done this once before, posting in advance, the set list for an upcoming spin session, and that was an analog, printed hard copy taped to the cycling studio door the morning of the session. YouTube, as has been previously mentioned, changed everything. There are two primary reasons why I am doing this:


1) I am in a 20 on/20 off ice series with the ankle, and henceforth trying my absolute best to stay off it, keep it elevated and not self inflict further damage. This means that I have more time at my desk.


2) As I added the obligatory two minute Beatle song to complete the list, I was reminded of something my brother said to me a long time ago. Chris is an outstanding guitar player with an excellent ear. We were in LA cruising to a late breakfast one post gig morning and "Help" came on his killer Pioneer car stereo. I said something like, "Getting all of THAT in two minutes is truly art." To which he replied, "You need to be able to differentiate the lead vocals, you MUST know John from Paul." I said I think I have a pretty good handle on that. He insisted that I didn't. That has bothered me ever since. So when I searched YouTube for "Help" to reaffirm my belief that John is singing lead, the genesis of the video set list was established.


There are other reasons, but it the sun is setting and the ice is melting all over the floor. See you in the morning. Here is the set list. It might get loud. Please be prepared.


Help

Rosanna

Shimmer and Shine

E-Pro

Someday Never Comes

Southern Cross

The Song is Over

Iris

Love Alive

Bad is Bad

Shock the Monkey

Apeman

You Love the Thunder

Water of Love

No One Like You

Ants Marching

World in Change

Dreams


The DCB video is my fave from this rocking set and gets embed status. Good night.

7 comments:

FW said...

If you need to heal, consider for the Wednesday 0530 this scenario:

You run the show with the microphone, and someone else is on stage, maybe me for example?

You ice your ankle and play your playlist with commentary, while an Elvis impersonator spins along up front.

Tom said...

great set wish i could have been there for that! hope your ankle feels better.

ej said...

rockin session coach

Stephanie Rohl said...

Especially Goo Goo Dolls and DCB! Thanks, and I hope you're back in the real saddle and on the trails soon!

KML5 said...

WE certainly made it happen!!!! FW, most interesting options I have come across in a long while, thanks. The ankle only went tweaky once (IRIS) and I backed off considerably. Wonder if anybody noticed.

In case anyone is pressed for time today and can't waltz through all 61 minutes of video, here are the "must watch" (IMHO)

HELP
Water of Love
Love Alive
No One Like You

We'll do it again.

KML5 said...

The waiting is the hardest part. NOT going out for a run, ride, walk, even work around the cabin is excruciatingly difficult. Yesterday sucked. I need to baby it some more and ease back SLOW. Pesto might help:)

Willow said...

Injury sucks. The waiting sucks even worse!! Hope you are feeling much better! Love DCB!!