Saturday, August 6, 2011

Oh, Lonesome Me

All my friends are going out and having fun,

I'm a fool for staying home and having none.


I've thought of everything from A to Z,

Oh, lonesome me.


With kudos to Don Gibson and Uncle Neil*, this is a tough weekend for your humble blogging servant. My friends are out riding in exotic locals like Burnaby, BC and Hurricane Ridge, while I stay home, riding none, nursing the sore ankle.


We did manage to pull off another rocking Saturday 90 in the HoM, with the port side ankle tendons only complaining once (during a ten minute standing climb to Cowgirl in the Sand), so that is the silver lining.


OK, OK, the rest of the lining:


Nuit Magique, Jazzamor

Twilight Zone, Golden Earring

Gallows Pole, Zep

I Won't Back Down, TP

Won"t Get Fooled Again, Who

Don't Step on the Grass, Sam, Steppenwolf

R&R Woman, Buffalo Springfield

Cowgirl in the Sand, Neil Young

The Road to Hell, Chris Rea

The Fan, Little Feat

Lola, Kinks

When Water Comes to Life, Cloud Cult

Further up the Road, EC

Leave the Memories Alone, Fuel

Sugar Magnolia, Dead

Workin' for a Livin' , Huey

Crazy on You, Heart

Lives in the Balance, Jackson Browne

No Such Thing, John Mayer

Lie to Me, Jonny Lang


The heart of that order (Cowgirl>Road>Fan>Lola) seriously got it goin'. Nice work today kids, once again I stand humbled in the glowing light of your awesomeness.


And speaking of awesomeness, the new CompuTrainer Multi-Rider Center in the House of Mirth is spinning towards reality. The flooring is ordered, big screen LCD screen in storage, jerseys in design stage and just yesterday we finished the design for the biz cards, pictured above. We are rocking. Grand Opening date is still Labor Day, so I had better get back at it.


There must be some way to lose these lonesome blues.


There is.


* Take a close listen to the original by Mr. Gibson, such pure country that it is almost silly, and then slap on the cans and hear Neil put some angst and pathos into it. Don sings it, Neil explores it. Big attitude difference. Now go on out and find some fun.

4 comments:

Willow said...

"All your friends!!??" Well I, for one, am your friend and I'm still here :). Sorry you are sad, glad you stayed because you were a rockin' cheerleader this a.m. Great class!

My issue is french fries, not the glazed donut!! :)

KML5 said...

I should have said "most of", sorry. Yeah, there is something about the chemistry on Saturdays that get's the house a rockin'. Thanks for playing such a BIG part in that. I am so glad that your body is responding to the strength training, way to go. We all have food issues, there is just no way around it. When I was a commuter, I had a ten year affair with Ivar's Murphy's (with tartar). Woke up one day and said, WHAT is THAT?

It was all the saturated fat I had been storing for a rainy day. End of THAT romance.

Have a great weekend, my ankle is a little sore so with 8 days before to the event, it is looking gloomy.

ej said...

Chris Rhea is underrated.

KML5 said...

Amazingly so, yes. RtH is absolutely a killer spin tune. I need to do another T100 (maybe)