Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Tax the Spin?

Wrapping up my part of the 2011 BAC jersey production. All the logos are in and, finally, in the proper format (eps). All are heading over to JL Racing for design layout and subsequent print. They should be cool. YOU WILL WANT ONE. Was that subliminal enough? Next up are biz cards (on 100% recycled paper), price sheets and the official poster. Somehow I remain non-plussed about the LLC's new Federal Tax ID number. But that is just the disobedient civil servant in me. How in the world do I justify taxing you for good health and fitness? How do they tax me? What I need is one of those gazillionaire tax breaks, not additional line item deductions. But that is another post altogether and I might need to call in a few bi-partisan, fair and balanced commentators to solidify my working-class case.

On another note (mercifully), it seems that our advance recon scouting ride on the new one-loop Lake Stevens bike leg was for naught. Looks like WTC (World Triathlon Corp.) has, stealthily, announced (in a backhanded whisper reeking of slime) that the old two-loop course will be used on Aug.14. I am more than a little perturbed. The main reason why I entered at the 11th hour was to ride a new course, and now they have weakly defaulted to the same-old, same old, and made matters worse by using a technique that smells so much like rancid pork in a ryder barrel, that I am choking from a thousand miles. All they did was change the course description on the web site. No announcement, no hollow PR citing athlete safety, or even pointing fingers at the Snohomish County Public Works Dept. for not being able to fill a little hole in the road with dirt in less than 14 days. Shameful. But I suppose that is better than seeing Rumsfeld in front of several cameras lying through his yellow teeth. Can we be honest please? FOR ONCE? Just tell me the truth. No need for spin. I can take it. I may not like it, but I will work with you for the common good (which is not the margins of your lobbyist's representation.)

On another note (are you still here?), the ankle held up rather well this morning in the HoM. Failed briefly once during an extended standing climb but I was able to correct and re-balance before any further trauma. Right now, as ice numbs, it feels OK. I need to watch it closely and reduce flexion as much as possible. With any luck at all,

I won't tax it too much,
it will hold up for the 13.1 Lake Stevens run,
and I won't have to spin tales of goals missed on Aug. 15, to you.

I will save other notes for other posts (benevolently). Have a great day.

If you can ID the course that the above graphic depicts I will buy you lunch.

5 comments:

le said...

somewhere in France, maybe southern France, n'est-ce pas?

ej said...

lynn is right, this is near juan le pins. it would make a very nice place to live.

..hmmm, those guardrails look a little american.

KML5 said...

le wins again!!!! IM France, 2008, D3 Route de Gourdon, about 60K NE of Nice. Great stuff. I have violated one of my oldest axioms, if you are going to do a contest, make sure nobody can win. I keep forgetting who I am dealing with here! Salud, Lunch to be named later at a Bistro within riding distance.

le said...

merci, but I will defer to ej for the reaping of any reward. He was more dialed in than my random stab. I'm heading out of town soon too, for a wee bit of respite...so enjoy! btw- I wish you a very speedy recovery.

KML5 said...

Where you headin' le? Wherever it is, have some fun and get loads of R&R! I have already bought ej too many lunches. I owe ya one.