Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Day 12.245 Let's Kick Some Ass

Happy December folks. This is it, the denouncement of 2015. We are, officially now, opening the closing act.

Which is a heck of a lot better than closing the opening act.

I met a friend for coffee this morning after our pre-school session with Junior. My friend has been out of work for some time now and starting to feel the pressure. He has three kids, a mortgage and the usual assortment of family related financial responsibilities.

We talked about the economy, the labor force, the shrinking middle class and the cost of education. He is one of the most upbeat guys I know, yet I could sense the concern and stress between the lines.

As I drove home thinking about what, if anything, I could do to assist, even in terms of support or encouragement, the theme I was organizing in my head for today's post kept popping up, raising its hand aggressively wanting recognition.

I was simply this:

The answer.

I have the answer.

I know what the solution is.

Granted this simplistic, sensationalistic headline was in reference to the universal desire for good health, optimal fitness, and in specialized cases enhanced performance, but the premise is applicable in both the physical, environmental and personal realms.

You have heard it before and you will hear it again.

The answer is hard work.

Not just some work, or a little work, but A FOCUSED AND CONCENTRATED ALL OUT ASSAULT ON THE GOAL.

Getting a job, losing ten pounds, mentoring, coaching, supporting, leading, building, WHATEVER….

All get done by hard work.

Welcome to December. Let's kick some ass.

No comments: