Friday, May 23, 2014

Day 141 Magilla

I am currently working on a promo, what we used to call guerrilla marketing in the old days, that does the following:

1) Gives away free stuff.


2) Promotes, advertises and markets a great product (the free stuff).


3) Puts well-earned cabbage in my Levis.


Our target demographic, triathletes at events, gets to sample a new and improved nutritional product as a result of my placing a small package in their hands. There is a card attached. A 'use special code for discounts' card. I then tag my rental car with product logo instantly becoming a vehicle cleverly designed for product placement. Like on the bike course race day in front of every participating athlete, their families and friends. I also get to shoot video and cut commercials to build social media buzz.

Once the athletes (or their families and friends) go to the product site and use the magic code to enter credit card info....well, you know what happens.

1a) Consumers get the goods. Get healthier, recover faster, and race harder.

2a)The client gets the exposure and bottom line positive trending.

3a) And I get paid for being a gorilla.

No comments: