Friday, May 16, 2014

Day 134 juice

From this morning's mail bag:

It is competitive juice and a wonderful thing. It keeps us moving in the right direction, us vigilantly seeking improvement. It can be harnessed and used upon demand. That may be one of the most important drills we do, calming the mind in order to execute demanding tasks. We call it Grace Under Fire. You are good at it. The secret is to relax into your confidence and not allow external distractions to block your view of the goal. You, and me, were less than our best last night. I will echo your commentary about gladness. Regardless of HOW we did, we DID!! And the lesson from that we will take into next week with a new and exciting opportunity to grow. One last cliche, I don't care how others do as long as I know that I have done my best. Executing my absolute best, that grace under fire, is the goal, whatever happens, then happens, first or last, podium or dumpster, I don't care. I left what I had on the field of battle. And I can live with that (until our nest training session).

No comments: