Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Day 138, GO~DO

There circulates an idea that being stupid is normal.

I agree. We humans are prone to error. I should know, leading the league in them for 52 consecutive years (1995 was a rarity filled with focus, mediation, martial arts, teaching, training and expanding awareness), but a trip to Italy brought all that to a grinding halt.

But we are back at our rightful place atop the current standings. You reading this is a perfect example, after all, how many smart people would continue blogging for 137 days without a single comment?

One has to wonder about serviceable eyesight when one cannot read THAT writing on the wall. Stupid? Sure. Of value? Absolutely.

So it's not-so-stupid?

It's not stupid at all - Provided I find value and reward through its discipline. It is like meditation.

Just sitting and counting breaths? What a waste of time.

Hardly.

I laughed the other day when I announced to a small gathering of friends that it is most liberating to not have to worry about pleasing an audience. I do this as part journal, part record, part cathartic creative writing and part discipline. I derive no revenue. I sell no gadgets. I ask for nothing.

I write (blog) confess, speculate, opine, comment and create. Every day. In between I train twice a day (when my atrial fibrillation allows), eat good, shoot, edit and produce cycling video and read as much as I can.

Agreed: Boring, mundane and stupid. I make a lot of mistakes as noted earlier. Maybe I should just find a nice girl, get married and start a family. RIGHT.

I think the secret is in recognizing the mistakes that matter and correcting them, or not repeating them, and then moving to bigger and better mistakes.

IMHO there is nothing stupid about that.

It might be genius.

Go ~ Do

No comments: