Thursday, May 1, 2014

Day 119


Alternating the sublime with the insane sums it up. From A to Zion.

In Seattle, where TSA confiscated my toothpaste a little more than a week ago, yesterday they rushed me through with a "random" pre-screen, where I didn't even have to remove my shoes, let alone show how I learned my lesson by packing the Crest mini tube. Took about ten seconds and I was en-route to N11. Still carrying my telescoping camera pod that stuck out of my back pack like an arrow in quiver, now the game was to carry on BOTH my back-pack and camera bag.

Check and check.

All that, I chuckled settling in next to a stunning young blond, was too easy.

I was right.

A computer issue at LAX grounded all flights in Los Angeles airspace, which includes Vegas, so we sat and chatted (the stunning young blond and I) for almost an hour before we were taxied back to the gate. We un-boarded, sat for ten minutes and repeated the loading drill.

All was good (between Angie ad I) until the turbulence into McCarren. Which was nothing compared to the bumpy treatment at FOX Rent a Car. OMG. What a fiasco.

I saw grown women, two in particular, blow fuses. There were three lines, all long and all painful. One to get a car. Another to get the keys to the car and a third to get the car out of the lot. The internal traffic jam was where the ladies melted down. I was laughing so hard my jaws hurt, this after realizing that all my frustrations directed at the two FOX employees, wasn't going to help matters any.

Note to self: Get a shuttle downtown next trip and walk in one of the Enterprise locations off site. OMG. The two hour drive to St. George was postponed until this morning after a night in Vegas at a dive a care not to describe, suffice it to say, Angie was at Bellagio.

Just back from scouting the STG course (photo is at the start of Snow Canyon) already well marked and about 50% of the old IM course. I plan on filming a test run tomorrow at first light, and then the real deal Saturday morning.

Out from Zion. Get some rest.

No comments: