Sunday, May 11, 2014

Day 129, BACK!


Good day. Good weekend. Lot's done. I made my un-spectacular, but vitally important return to running today. Did a 5K in a pathetic 29:45. It may have been the most important run since I decided to get out of bed after a rehab stint that I earned after wrapping a VW around a telephone pole and a Chevy truck back in 1981.

We have to start somewhere. Today I started. And I feel great. After the run I was weeding around the firepit thinking about how important today is. I HAD to run today. Because now I can say I should have started yesterday BUT the monkey is off my back, you know the one that says "I'll start tomorrow" for a couple of weeks (months or years). Today was the day and now we are off.

I have the new course. I know my first time. I can chart my progress and keep the streak alive until I am back slugging out the last 5K of a marathon. That marathon, of course, comes after 112 miles on the bike. And a 2.4 mile swim.

Then I will rest.

But not today.

Pic left from yesterday at the dump. We are such snobs here that Monet's are found in the dumpster. Pic right from today shopping for supplies and gear. My requisite for a tool box to fit behind the Ranger seat is tested. And answered. You'll do. Nicely.

No comments: