Monday, December 5, 2011

Kona 2011


OK, that settles it!


I just received the announcement, along with the embedded video teaser, on the annual airing of the 2011 Ironman World Championships. It is THIS SATURDAY on NBC.


And since we have the CT MR Center up and running in the HoM, I would like to do something I've always wanted to do:


Ride to it.


That's right, watch from the saddle as the drama unfolds before us on the big screen.


One problem. We have No TV signal in the HoM. BUT NEVER FEAR -- RCVman IS NEAR!!


All this big news gives me the necessary mojo (in place of financial inducement) to get my own highlight video done for the gala event Saturday afternoon at 4:30 in the HoM. That's right folks, for the first time ever, we'll host a 90 minute CT MR spin-competition as we watch MY (NOT NBC's) highlight video of this incredible event. How much fun will THAT be?



The bad news is that we only have four CT spots available, so this is how we will handle that issue: A lottery! You have between today (this very minute) and Friday evening after our TT (or 6pm which ever comes first) to submit your entry. I will then draw FOUR lucky names and they will get to ride the CTs for the video. All others are welcome to ride a LeMond and watch as runner's up. Additionally, of the four lucky CT riders, whomever logs the most miles in the 90 minutes (riding the actual Kona course) wins an official 2011 IM World Championship coffee mug (see photo). Heck, since I have TWO mugs (see photo), I'll also present one to the LeMond spinner who does likewise. Whoa! Fun, (another) monster workout, prizes, and my first full length video since Farrago in 2005. IS IT SATURDAY YET???!!!


To enter simply go to the Post a Comment tab and type (the updated phrase), "Please accept my entry".


Let's review: This Saturday, Dec 10, 4:30-6:00. The world debut of a full length film I haven't even started yet, in the HoM @ BAC. Four spots only via lottery. All others can spin a LeMond Revmaster. Cool Prizes. Cost to enter and ride is $5.00. FIVE DOLLARS (not a misprint).


ENTER NOW.

6 comments:

ej said...

This sounds like an good event, sign me up please.

Stephanie Rohl said...

Enter me, please. : )

FW said...

Here is my entry. I prefer this phrase, if you don't mind.

KML5 said...

Ooooppppps. Thank you FW. In the immortal words of Colonel Nathan Jessup, 'Don't I feel like the freaking anthill'

On a less embarrassing note, we have a sellout in less than four hours. Let the lottery loose!!!

ej said...

kill me now

KML5 said...

Too funny.