Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A&E

Which leads us to this very day. Everything that has gone before. Every step has been towards this destination. Here. Now. Today. Maybe you have already made a million bucks and can relax in the rocking chair, maybe you are still struggling with your relationship to money. Maybe you are walking a picket line in defense of the middle class. Maybe you don't put much emphasis on the pursuit of riches. Rich man, poor man, King or pawn, 1% or 99% makes no deference to your body. Your body don't care about your bank account, 401K or golden parachute. Your body cares about awareness and energy. Deepak Chopra says every cell has two invisible things that create either a dynamic flow or constriction and stagnation (health and vitality or disease). Guess what they are?


I was fortunate this morning after our 60 minutes in HoA, (where we did a up/down session upping seated resistance every 30 seconds and standing every 60) to witness a rather spectacular sunrise. Contrasting the vivid brightness of the new moon in the cold and dark Decembral skies, this mornings palate was a show-stopper. Commuters actually getting out of their cars to grab some quick jpegs with phone cams. This, of course, most always gets me to thinking about how often we take our surroundings for granted. It also gives me a good dose of the humbles. And I like feeling small and sub-atomic. It reinforces my cellular belief that small is important and even the tiny and minuscule play a part in glorious contribution to the whole. I don't need to be the ocean, I want to be one wave. One cloud in the sky, one fish in the sea, one note in the scale.


Making my promise to be the BEST wave, the happiest cloud, the lovingest salmon and the most passionate note little me can be. That, I believe, is serving myself as well as the ocean, sky, sea and soul.


Which leads us to this very day. I have my work cut out for me if I am to finish with as much color as we started. I will add some texture, some spice, maintain my awareness throughout and enjoy the process and toss as much creative energy into my work (my life) as I can. Today. Now. Here.


I invite you to do likewise.

1 comment:

ej said...

nice one. i wonder if sam got that shot. i'll check.