Thursday, December 29, 2011

Audacity & Vigor

We have been talking about goals. This morning's spin was centered around it. I stumbled on a tasty morsel of solid motivational advice as I was cutting up the set list and it seemed to fit, almost by design. It is short and sweet, consisting of the polar extremes of success, the pre and the post. Planning and performance. The quote is simply this:


PLAN WITH AUDACITY, and

EXECUTE WITH VIGOR.


I like that one. Think big, challenge yourself, aim high. And then, give it all you got (and then some). Also, it helps to make it public, so that we can ask (politely) for help from family, peers, our support group, our team, the cosmos and the Great Spirits themselves. They, he, she, them, it, will. All you gotta add is heart, the desire to change, grow, succeed and win. Yes, this is a competition. It is matching you against you. If you are 100% satisfied with the current you, please exit this page and go check your stocks, if not, let's please respect the process, all of eternity and the common place we find ourselves together sharing this dream, and commit to it. Together.


I asked everyone in the HoM this morning to take 60 seconds to bring their dream into crystal clear focus. After the one minute I admitted that I had cheated. Because I don't need that minute. I already have my goal as clear as a Seattle Times front page. I know what I want. I know what I have to do to obtain it. The only thing between me and it is me. I can quit anytime.


It makes it so much harder to quit once it is public and once I have asked for help and support. I am now accountable. It is public. The heat is on. Street cred is important to me. I will ride through a snowstorm to deliver the goods. Audaciousness was instrumental. Let us now execute with vigor.


Seattle Times headlines uses a archival finish shot from Ironman Canada 2001 showing the RCVman hitting the tape. He will have to go 70 minutes faster, eleven years later. The audacity! Please also note the advertising bar where our 2009 BAC jerseys are now being used as art. Vigorous execution at its finest!

No comments: