Saturday, October 29, 2011

Today's Three Things

If you want to see the entire Baker Hill video, I re-loaded and re-posted it to Thursday's post. It runs 11:45. I tried a synch-up last night but the GPS transfer from the Garmin Edge 305 to the CT Course Creator mysteriously produced a significantly steeper slope. Investigation is under way. Meanwhile Bob has done yet another masterful job designing the CycleVidz.com dashboard template. I am currently testing some video/data/graphics combinations and should have something to show by this time tomorrow. That is, assuming (careful) that several things fall into their proper place. With apologies (again) to Dr. Suess, the things are:

Thing One: My tweaked left knee is starting to send more frequent (louder) SOS notices indicating imbalance and perhaps injury. It is not muscular. The pain is a pinpoint, inside, and stings like a bee when knee is hyper extended or bent. Deep knee bends or simply reaching down to pick up a dropped bottlecap will send 10,000 volts screaming to the fuse box. I was looking forward all afternoon to a recovery run and now at 1635 with the sun fighting the good fight with darkness and gloom, I am not sure running would be the wisest way to deal with Thing One.

Thing Two: I have a ton of work to do. Not to mention the fact that my property taxes are due today and I am woefully short of slush funds. Hence the work.

Thing Three: The Huskies and Arizona Wildcats match up tonight at 7:42 (TV calls those shots these days) and I feel like a little diversion of the sis-cum-bah variety. Me and RG have a good luck ritual going that works more often than not (we have no stats but if you like we can start at anytime), that calls for the first beer (must be Guinness) NOT to be opened until the Dawgs first score. Astute fans will cringe with the memory of 2008 when we went almost the entire season without a beer.

Those, then are today's three things. If the knee feels better and I run, the work gets done, the bills get paid and the Dawgs jump out to a big lead, I might have time to experiment. Any other combination will create a series of events too painful to discuss here and now.

Put it in the 'zone quick Huskies! (predict: 45-30 UW)

Pic of the day: Gary, Stuart and Tony hammer out the BAC15 TT this morning after our 90 minute ten breath test.

No comments: