Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Ride as One

You are hearing it here first. Again. And yes, I am picking the winners before they win. This pick is a little easier than college football yet twice as important. Follow me:


On 11.11.11 we will host a one day indoor cycling event at the Bainbridge Athletic Club to raise some dough to buy bikes for deserving kids. Again. It seems there is never a shortage of kids needing bikes and with family budgets these days getting stretched to absolute limits, we will support some Kingston Kids and get them set up with new rides. Thus in conjunction with the local YMCA and Alive Space, we will uncork this magnum opus:


I will film and create a CompuTrainer custom course featuring our signature Bainbridge (Chilly Hilly) climb, Baker Hill. It will start in Walt's parking lot, climb up and over BH, continue along Crystal Springs (pictured above) and finish at The Tree House. One loop. One hill. One day. One cause. One-One-One-One-One-One.


On 11.11.11, and all day long we will send off four riders at a time watching and riding the course with automatic load change reflecting the suffering required to master this monster. It will set you back $11 per ride and you can tackle her as many times as you have legs or lungs for. All proceeds go to buying bikes for the kids. I will also round up some cool prizes for best times, random drawings, etc. Should be fun.


Whaddya think vast blogging audience (VBA)?


That is the good news. The better news is that I need some volunteers to help me film the initial ride. And we need to do it SOON. Like Thursday. Sun and merely a 10% chance of rain that day. I am subbing for Shea in spin class from 0845-0945 so I am thinking noonish. One hour tops is all the riding I need of you. My crack local RCV crew will do the rest, anybody game?


Mark it down. 11.11.11. The day we ride as One.

2 comments:

FW said...

Meet at Treehouse at noon?

KML5 said...

Perfect, thanks. I found those other files btw.