Saturday, October 1, 2011

Back to the Future


Kona minus three. For those of you who asked here is the live race-day (Oct. 8) link. Missedyesterday because I was in the HoM all afternoon setting up the CompuTrainer Multi-Rider software and (please prepare yourself for this bomb), being a dyed in the wool Mac guy, going back to a PC is like listening to an eight track tape while drinking instant coffee dialing a rotary phone. Arcane. Seriously Back to the Future-esque. So it is taking me a bit longer than expected to dial it in. I keep getting these error messages with a one note Armageddon-like blip that crashes the program, operating my blood pressure and digital systems at levels even Bill Gates would appreciate. Somewhere in his retirement Steve Jobs is i-chortling.

But we'll get it.
While I am WAO (working arse off) in Kona for seven days, my loyal and talented co-webmaster Bob, will be putting the finishing touches on the new site so that we can hit the ground running a week from Wednesday. That means on-line jersey ordering, DVD sales, on-line sign ups for CT MR sessions, a new blog (!!!) and lots of other groovy new stuff.

Another of my Kona assignments is to round up sponsorship in order to offer YOU fabulous prizes in conjunction with the new site and MR Center. Soon making it not only a very cool and exciting way to up your cycling power, to have mega doses of fun doing it, but to WIN VALUABLE PRIZES AS WELL! Hello McFly!!!
Great work to all the VBA in the HoM this morning for what was, by all descriptions, an "outstanding combination of high intensity intervals and crisp and credible commentary with a seriously motivational musical accompaniment." I wish I would have said that. But I had to pay somebody. Bada-bing.
Lastly today as we head back to the club for more MS DOS torture, the University of Washington is in SLC for the first PAC-12 (that just doesn't sound right yet) game versus the University of Utah. Huskies vs Utes (the what?). As you know, I (heart) the Dawgs. They are my boys. And after a decade of disaster, we are back. Today will prove it against a very good Utah team. Our kids are young, they make mistakes, but they are gifted, talented, big, fast and strong. Today will be one of those defining moments that one can look back upon as pivotal in the new era of UW Football. They make mistakes (did I mention that?), but they are good students. They learn. They learn quick. My prediction is they will win today 38-28.

I will also win the RCVman versus Microsoft game by the same margin.
You may bank on them both.

Pix: Thursday Trixie and I rode to CompuTrainer HQ in the UDistrict. (UW natch). The early fall sun sizzles the calm water of Eagle Harbor and an interesting depth-of-field iPhone shot aboard the WSF Tacoma with Seattle looking "closer than it appears." The CT MR Center is taking shape as the four handlebar controllers sit side-by-side, seemingly with a sinister air forecasting pain. I am seeing Gates and Jobs in the first heat against Marty McFly and Doc Brown. Yeah, well, history is gonna change. Have a great yesterday.

Addendum pic: Just got back from the HoM where all CT units are now a GO!. That is Kona on the test screen. Off to watch da game. WOOF!

No comments: