Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Now for that massage





More on the Baker Hill project. As the screenshot (upper left) attests, the Contour GPS, captures some crisp video (H.264, MPEG4). I am having a heck of a time trying to locate and overlap an elevation skin, but the process continues, interrupted today by two spin classes and a massage session. YES! I will have some rendered vidio ready later tonight and it looks like we have a TT set for another shoot tomorrow.


I spent some serious time re-thinking the Cyclevidz.com concept and came up with this (semi precious) gem:


I don't care about elite or professional athletes, they have their own coaches, trainers, mentors, partners, gurus, therapists, etc. Who I care about is the HUGE percentage of the population that either isn't doing ANYTHING or is doing a little of something and wants to do it better, more consistently and with more success, entertainment and motivation.


Being more of a training partner than a coach, you might say. There are plenty of coaches out there with enough alphabet soup after their names than ten large cans of Campbell's. I have no desire to partake of that broth. I like to mix it up on the fly. After all I am training too. We can do this together: You wanna lose ten pounds (or twenty kilos) and I wanna go eleven hours in Penticton and then SUB-eleven in Kona. There is a lot of common ground we can cover. One mile at a time.


A 4.5 mile Baker Hill Time Trial suddenly seems altruistic. Now for that massage.

No comments: