Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Day 5.146 83 Problems



I REALLY like this one.

Instead the Buddha said, "I can't help you."

"What do you mean?"  said the astonished man.

"Everybody's got problems,"  said the Buddha. "In fact we've all got eighty-three problems, each one of us, eighty-three problems, and there's nothing you can do about it. If you work really hard on one of them, maybe you can fix it - but if you do another will pop up and take its place. For example, you're going to lose your loved ones eventually. And you are going to die someday. Now there is a problem and there is nothing you, or I or anyone else can do about it."

The man became furious. "I thought you were a great teacher!" he shouted. "I thought you could help me! What good is your teaching then?"

The Buddha said, "Well maybe it will help you with the eighty-fourth problem."

"The eighty-fourth problem" the man said. "What is the eighty-fourth problem?"

Said the Buddha, "You want to not have any problems."

No comments: