Thursday, May 14, 2015

Day 5.134 So Should You

 "A man only begins to be a man when he ceases to whine and revile, and commences to search for the hidden justice which regulates his life. And as he adapts his mind to that regulating factor, he ceases to accuse others as the cause of his condition, and builds himself up in strong and noble thoughts; ceases to kick against circumstances, but begins to use them as aids to his more rapid progress, and as a means of the hidden powers and possibilities within himself."

THIS from James Allen's As a Man Thinketh.

I am out for Albuquerque and Santa Fe today. It used to be routine but now I am obsessing over my packing. Cameras (4) sd cards, mounts, cables, batteries and one change of clothes. Looks like it is going to be iffy for sunshine meaning I must have an iron-clad game plan in order to accomplish the video objectives. When a window opens I must scramble. Five alarms of code red.

Oh well, I have been out here in the edge for some time now. You would think I'd be used to it by now, but this trip, with all financial risk dangling from my neck like a Wall Street albatross, has me a touch concerned. I must be ready. Ready to search for an opening and then nail the opportunity.

Kind of like yesterday. An opportunity opened for my return to Wednesday night spin class. I took it. Then, an instructor asked for assistance due to illness, I took that too. Meaning I had three sessions. You know (perhaps) that in my return to serious training post pacemaker, that studio cycling has been my go-to activity. You also perhaps know that I am in a knock-down, drag-out, UFC with my racing weight. It has been creeping. In the wrong direction. I know the reason. So do you (perhaps), beer and bread. I cannot deny. And it needs to stop. I was pleased  to see yesterday's spinning trio show positive weight trending at the post effort weigh-in. 172>169>166. Six to go.

Six if I am serious. If not, then who cares? Who cares either way you might say, perhaps, noting astutely that everybody has their demons, why should we care about yours?

And you would be right. You have your own salvation to address. Still, I wish to be an ally. I want to aid and abet. If there is something, somewhere with which all the personal drama I so regularly journal helps, motivates, inspires or (perhaps) simply entertains, I am happy and rest fulfilled.

I have my mission statement as you do (see photo of counting). Seeking continual improvement is at the top of that list of objectives.

It is not only the Boy Scouts and Navy Seals that need to be ready. I do too.

And so should you.

No comments: