Monday, June 23, 2014

Day 172

You can't out-train a bad diet. Not even in spin class (photo of Pedal Hard in Austin, TX).

Unless….

You have a metabolism like a hummingbird.

Let's take a quick look at our readership demographics as provided by our talented and hardworking marketing department, shall we?

Percentage of total readership:

Adolescents (16-20): 0%
Hummingbirds: 0%

It is instantly apparent that the demographic we are most concerned with (care most about and speak of often), is closer to this:

40-50 with slowing metabolism and desperately trying to find the balance that was once taken for granted.

You know what I am saying.

The example I used this morning, the one about my college diet of bean burritos and beer, was OK (barely) when I was 19. If I tried it today, I would quickly be the Sumo in the saddle.

It is semantics to a degree, cliched and trite. But true.

You cannot out-train a bad diet. Further, we:

Fuel vice diet, train vice exercise and employ the singular most important element of success with this dynamic combination:

We make it a healthy lifestyle choice. We do it often.

We show up.

No comments: