Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Yellow Card for BP



I was rudely reminded of what a shitty year it was (for most people) as I read that the WAPO picked the BP oil spill as the top news story of the year.

Sheesh. Corporate big wigs allow pollution on a colossal scale, politicians jump on their stumps, fish die, poor people starve, gas goes up and now we're back to business as usual. Sinful, disgraceful and disgusting.

Oh, but the top story of the year. The real story is how they are still in business.

All that slime floating around the swamp got me to thinking, what is the polar extreme story, or MY biggest story of the year?

So you will excuse me if today's post is possibly shortest of the year, matching the solstice, as I have decided to add another project to the already months behind production queue.

The Year with RCVman. Ooops, and it looks like we have a deadline.

Hey Now. I have been feverishly downloading clips from every tour, whistle stop, event, race, ride, visit to multi-rider center, interview, commentary and trip taken over the gloriousness of 2010. And am finding some pretty fun stuff as a result.

And now that you know what we are up to, we'll also give you the due date. Week from Friday. New Years Eve. December 31, 2010. Last day. Caputo. Fin. No mas.

In the meantime let's use the petroleum wisely shall we?

Here is a cool (albeit a tad aggressive) little reminder for the tad too aggressive drivers amongst us. Soccer fans will surely appreciate the metaphor. From the above photo.

4 comments:

Stephanie Rohl said...

Where can we get those great little "Yellow Cards"...not that I would ever want to be in the position to have to use one.

KML5 said...

If you click on the link at the bottom of the post, the creator of the Yellow Cards posts a link to the pdf file that you can download or send to the magnet maker of your choice. Open source art and safety in one file. Pretty cool. Maybe I will do up a batch and hand them out to the fast riders that I know (like you). btw, that Hot to Trot Red is WICKED!!!! (thanks)

Stephanie Rohl said...

Thanks. However, I'm soooo slow I fall off of my bike when cars approach! Glad you liked the vino...it probably would have tasted even better with a hunk of crusty sourdough!

KML5 said...

Go ahead, rub it in. Please remember I have it on video!