Sunday, December 12, 2010

OKOKOK


OK, OK, OK.

I gotta do this. Those of you just joining us along this rough and rocky road (Thanks again Willie) will be advised at this time to go to the side bar at left and read the fine print at the bottom of the RCVman mission statement.

Specifically the part about searching for true love (cause some things never change). Yah, THAT part.

And do you recall that a scant eight weeks ago this intrepid videographer/blogger attended his 40th HS reunion? 'member that?

Do you recall me saying that the highlight of the event was running into my HS GF? No?

HAVE YOU NOT BEEN PAYING ATTENTION? (Do you think I do this for money?)

Fast forward to last Saturday (we do that a lot around here, better get used to it) as I am on my way to the loading dock in San Diego for the CT Mexico Cruise and I get this e-mail from Liz, the HSGF in question. She has sent me a bunch of jpgs from, ahem, the good old days. Late sixties. Graduation. Us. If memory serves, our first date was in Dad's '61 Falcon to see Woodstock.

OMG.

I opened ONE on my way up the ramp of the Oosterdam, and quickly closed the file because I knew that if I looked at all the others there would be NO WAY I could lead the group with focus on our tour. NO FREAKING WAY. I had to do the cyber walk away. There would be time later, first things first.

FF again, now Sunday night, back in Seattle. CT cruise over. In the books. It was a major league blast. We rocked it. I spent a lot of time watching incredible, beautiful and talented people enjoy the bounty of life. As mentioned, we rocked it.

And I look at the rest of the pix Liz sent.

And I am not sure if these tears fall from happiness or sadness. I simply cannot tell if the train is outbound or in. I may have a hard outlook on training, but there lies a soft heart inside.

In this photo, I wish (so bad) that I could go back those 40 years in time and tap this poor kid on the shoulder and ask him to step over here for just one moment, please, cause there is something IMPORTANT that needs to be said. You don't know about it right now, kid (the instant the photo was taken) but you will eventually come to understand, that,

It's all OK. You will make mistakes. That is human.

OK, OK, OK.

(Thanks Lizzard)

8 comments:

ej said...

classic

KML5 said...

I think so, yeah.

Anonymous said...

Yep, she's a cutie. Shouldn't have let her get away.

KML5 said...

As intoned in the text, I was a foolish young kid. I am glad to have had the opportunity forty years later to apologize to her for my immaturity.

(to her credit she said it was OK)

Anonymous said...

Time has a way of healing and softening our hearts. Forgiveness is a beautiful thing!

KML5 said...

Indeed. Probably the biggest reason I am so drawn to this photo is that I am one of two people alive who know what happened next.

Anonymous said...

OK...are you going share or are you going to keep us guessing?

KML5 said...

Sorry, but I will need expressed, written permission to go any further with this thread. Please remember that it was June of 1970.

It's a good story, though. Even if the ending has yet to be scripted.

Liz is still cute enough to play herself, but Costner will have to double for me.