Friday, March 7, 2014

Day sixty-five


One of the nice things about life is that we get second chances.

Sometimes even thirds.

We all own a built-in edit feature that allows close examination of sentence structure as well as event results. We make qualitative value judgments and correct future action and intent to suit. We can literally change direction in the middle of the race, if we so choose. It is quite a beautiful thing actually.

We all know that an ill-advised adjective can ruin a crisp sentence as fast as a flat note can wreck a ballad.

That edit feature allows us the promise of a cleaner do-over. With practice and diligence we stand a decent chance, Vegas has it at 2-1, to improve our chances of success. Or simply survive. Use another descriptor and rehearse the proper pitch. 

It was comical how many times I whiffed yesterday. It was an oh for five day at the plate. Not only did I K all five trips, I never even made contact. By nightfall my head was spinning faster than a shinny new top on Christmas morning, what's next? I kept thinking.

Then.

The sun rose this morning with a robin's-egg blue backdrop. The rains which had been beating with relentless staccato had finished their pluvial paradiddle. It was a new day.

And I am determined to do better. To practice more. To breathe deeper and relax with greater peace.

Thank you Lord for giving me another day.

I am better than that.

No comments: