Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Day eighty-three, ze Autobahn


Lightning strikes. Everywhere. Nature's drum roll. The once tranquil atmosphere is now crackling with energy. It is impossible to side-step. I trust my faith.

I was re-baptized by an Army Vet with PTSD an hour ago. He told me we were brothers and asked for Jesus to look after me. Maybe I shouldn't have volunteered so many details of my last week, as he said it reminded him of 'Nam.

He's a good guy. Tells great stories. He is helping with the manual demo, tossing my accumulated shit into a dumpster that looks like a beached barge. We work in the rain, laughing at the hypocrisy of our civilization, smoking cigars.

He gave me a ride out to buy a Mercedes. Talk about a reversal. I sell two junk Chinese scooters, a Volvo that was given to me three years ago and my trusty Exploder that I have been steadily driving into the ground since 2003, and trade for a 1989 Mercedes 240SEL.

Movin' on up!

Except that it stalls at low RPM and won't engage to reverse. Oh well, I have finally made the automotive big time and can now cruise up and down 305 like somebody who can actually afford one of these fine German beasts. The irony is enough to choke a VW! Oh and the guy who sold it to me is a stand up comedian! Really. Bada-bing, crash, boom, bang.

What a day. In a series of amazing days. On this path.

Que the thunder.

No comments: