Monday, March 31, 2014

Day eighty-nine

THIS MEANS YOU!
What am I committed to?

The one thing that defines me.

That ideal for which I will suffer.

And suffer lots.

Perhaps the scientific process works best when used to eliminate.

We know (I know) that it is not money. I have been 'caring less' since about 1969 and have no current plans to change.

We know it isn't fame. I have no desire to be in the cover of any magazine, except perhaps The International Guide to Stress-Free Travel's annual Holiday Issue.

It isn't status. We talked about that in class this morning, my 'joke-is-on-me' talk of the new Mercedes.

It ain't the big house, yacht, vacation time share or my golf handicap.

Matter of fact, and to keep today's post moving with polite prolix, it is nothing material.

It is my commitment to keep moving along the path of quality. Quality of Life. QoL. That means this fitness thing, the mental component and the element of the spiritual. There is a lifetime of challenge to anyone wanting to take up the call and carry these colors forward.

I volunteer. We nailed the body color this morning pre-dawn. This log is a fractal of my dedication to pushing the art of the word. And sometime today I will be asked to rise to the occasion and walk a mile on the shoes of the spirit. Nature will whisper my name.

I hope I have the presence to hear, and then to listen, and finally to understand.

Once understood I trust I am ready to act upon that knowledge.

To that I am FULLY committed.

No comments: