Sunday, March 30, 2014

Day eighty-eight

Another long and painful day. Today was clean out the shed day. Consisted of moving things that have been stored in a leaky and damp home for wayward squirrels since 1986. I had to empty a four drawer file cabinet that has been home to my travel notes. A complete drawer full of three ring notebooks spanning twenty years of journaling, single spaced. My thoughts ranged from, get rid of this junk, to, there's a novel here somewhere.

I morphed into a mindless cleaning machine as the day wore me out. One fan through a file folder and slam dunk into the can. Haul from shed to dumpster and repeat. All the live long day.

Due to the Craig's List add alerting the community to the gaggle of goodies now free, there was early and aggressive traffic. We moved a lot of second tier merchandise and loaded another ton of scrap as we carried out the primary directive of prepping for demo.

The family that was here last night and hauled as much as they could in what I am sure is the oldest running Toyota in America, returned to tow Bluey, my 86 Volvo. I chuckled when Junior said Dad was a mechanic, as I spied his tools in the back of his Toyota and knee-jerked a judgment on his wrenching skills.

They had her ready to go in twenty minutes and all I could do was prepare the paperwork and shake my head in admiration.

We moved two cars, a moto, two scooters and four bikes.

It is starting to look a little deserted out there.

But that was the plan.

Had to laugh when a couple in a red Kia asked if they could have all my DVDs. Knowing they were selling briskly at $2/ea last week I swallowed hard in saying sure. Gone for a song were some great titles, maybe 50 or 60 of them. They left one.

My 2003 self produced and directed classic Northwest Triathlon 2003: Tips.

Some classic

That one hurt a little.

No comments: