Friday, July 29, 2011

This Dawg is In!

OK, I'm in. Charged the $285 (I hate Active.com passionately) to my Visa (not real fond of THEM either), and officially entered the 2011 Lake Stevens 70.3 (LOVE that distance).


This partially due to the fact that my groveling for support turned up a couple of takers. It was most likely because they simply wanted me to stop my pathetic on-line panhandling and get back to work on important stuff like training for the big event.


Regardless of the methodology, we now have gas money and a C-note saying we won't win AG. YES!


PEOPLE OF Z UNIVERSE: PLEASE BET AGAINST ME! Please, please, please (ooops, back to that) put up $100 that says: You can't do it Fido. No-way you can win your age group in a Worlds Qualifier. Competition is too stiff and you are too slow. Heck, in less than three weeks you will be out of THAT group and into the Super Geezer group anyway, no chance, these guys are ruthless vigilantes and will cut you to shreds. Then laugh about it.


The horror.


But I am saying I will. And now with all this pressure, I must. I love being the underdog. If I had a GF I sure she would be saying "I'm with you (dear), you can do it, just stop being such a sniveling puppy, man up and get after it big dog." Or something to that effect (and btw that is a BIG if)


So here we are. Fifteen training days and a cup of coffee out. The patented (pending) RCVman Insto-schedule looks like this:


7.30 - 90 min spin>Recovery run

7.31 - Ride (new) course 56 miles

8.1 - Spin > RR

8.2 - Yoga>Swim

8.3 - Spin > Tempo Run

8.4 - Yoga>Swim

8.5 - OFF

8.6 - Spin > RR

8.7 - Long brick

8.8 - Spin > RR

8.9 - Yoga>Swim>10 Mile run

8.10 - Spin> RR (start high GI carb load)

8.11 - Yoga>Swim>Speed bike

8.12 - Off

8.13 - Easy and early Brick

8.14 - RACE (Goal is 5:17, three minutes faster than Chelan and a minute faster than the winning 2010 time)


I'm in. You can provide me with some serious mojo by hitting the 'post a comment' tab below and placing $100 on any other dog in this race. If this dog wins, you owe. If he don't IOU.


Please be warned however, I am better at snarl than snivel, more, I fully plan on proving it come 8.14 (and Sark might be watching as in pic)


We wag, we bark and we bite.


Are YOU in?

4 comments:

Stephanie Rohl said...

Are you swinmming in the "real" water or at the pool?

PS The garden probably could use some h2o; didn't get around to it before we left for Salem. Thanks :)

KML5 said...

The after yoga brick (not the best word to use in the context of swimming) works well, however, I still want to go out to Wildcat one of these days. Pick one that works for you and we'll make it happen. H2O a done deal, not to worry, I'll ride over tonight.

ej said...

i am morally opposed to money bets but i will bet you a cup of coffee at the safeway starbucks.

KML5 said...

I guess I take the Pete Rose approach, "I am betting on me." And fwiw, I think that is a LOT morally higher than subsidizing either Safeway of Starbucks, or BOTH.

But thanks for the offer.