Saturday, July 23, 2011

BPP>Wildcat Lake>BPP


I know it's late but it appears as if the weather will be GREAT tomorrow and I am not about to miss even ten minutes of sun the remainder of this summer. So here is tomorrow's ride/swim/ride brick:


30 out to Wildcat Lake (Tri-Babes report here) from duck pond at Battle Point Park

Swim 1000 open water meters

30 back to Battle Point Park


We leave at 1300


If we get enough takers transportation for swim gear will be arranged, if not it's on your back.


Please use 'post a comment' button below. And have yourself a great day.

9 comments:

ej said...

I can go.

KML5 said...

1300 Duck Pond. When did you guys get back??

ej said...

tues night. i even bought a noseclip for this.

KML5 said...

Cool. So far it's just me and U (although I would expect about 100 kids in the water too). Welcome home, let's go to work.

Stephanie Rohl said...

Ugh! How cold/warm is Wildcat Lake? I alreaady took my wetsuit back to PR. I guess I should just cough up the dough and buy it.

KML5 said...

My understanding is that Wildcat is the warmest of the local lakes. It is shallow and it may hit 80 today. That being said, we still want to practice with suit and open water sighting, but for today let's make it a recon run: We'll cruise out, I'll bring my thermo to take water temp, have a look see at the swim area, gobble an energy bar and ride home. When you decide on the long tern (purchase) we'll repeat with the swim leg. Whaddya think? Hope you had a good time in PT.

le said...

I swam at WildCat 3 wks ago and it was warm enuf then to do w/o a wetsuit. As painful as it is, I recommend you use the freezing cold pins and needles fresh water shower in the less than desirable bathroom to hose off any unknowns afterwards.Have fun.

KML5 said...

HEY!!! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? Miss ya, hope all is well and thanks for the tip. Join us?

le said...

Wish I could. Been hard hearing about all the great rides everyone is doing! I'm benched and going to PT, so sticking to swimming only. Finally making some progress. Enjoy.