Monday, July 4, 2011

Paging Dr. Freud

Today is the Fourth of July. It is criminal that I am not in France. There is a fairly large bike race going on there and I am here. In my profession that is like being a baseball photographer and missing the World Series. Another wasted opportunity. I should have just paid the piper, spent a couple large, packed my gear and gone. But I didn't and it is now providing boatloads of anguish. It has even seeped into the darkness of my subconscious.


This dream I first shared with the eleven ladies on the Saturday 90 House of Mirth spin session. It initially drew a couple quick chuckles and one instant interpretation. The interpretation became an expanded e-mail explanation and of course, caused some deep introspective considerations from the dreamer. For the VBA (vast blogging audience) I will share the dream again. Because, well, I'm a Yankee Doodle Dandy and not in France.


I am sitting in the back of a shiny red convertible. We are parked against traffic in what appears to be Port Townsend, WA. There is a giant, full color mural on the brick wall depicting a Victorian woman wearing lots of lace and holding an umbrella. Might have been a Pepsi advertising campaign girl from the 60's. My sister sits behind the wheel watching as a group of kids on a field trip walk past us between the wall and the car. They seem to be gawking at us. The groups are getting older and now there stands a number of adults and they are DEFINITELY gawking at us. I think they are looking at me, so I think this would make a great picture as I reach for my iPhone to capture some impromptu jpgs. I get them to smile, wave, act goofy and suddenly I hear my nephew say 'please don't feed the paparazzi'. I wonder what he is talking about and put my camera down to inquire, when I see the person sitting in the front seat turn to look at me. It is Brad Pitt. Stunned, I ask clumsily, "Where did YOU come from?"


"I just got in from Kona," he replies with a smile, pulling the corduroy tan derby back low over his eyes.


I wake, slightly embarrassed and completely amused.


At least it's not the dream where I have lead legs and can't run.


The RCVman Top Five Brad Pitt Movies:


5) Babel.

4) CC of BB.

3) Inglorious Basterds.

2) Fight Club.

1) Legends of the Fall.


jpg is from Burn After Reading. The bike and helmet is where our similarities end.

2 comments:

Willow said...

Meet Joe Black?? He was extra hot in that movie!! HAHA. Thanks for allowing me to slug it out with you on Sunday. Still fighting insane allergies. It's difficult to sleep when awoken by sneezing attacks and stuffy nostrils! Anyway.....you are so nice and encouraging. I'd run with you anytime (if you'd allow)!

Still waiting for the all-encompassing word :)

KML5 said...

I get it. I will assume that you have had a professional diagnosis on the allergies? Toxins, bacteria and air borne allergies are a bad combo when they're all up your nose!!! Thanks for the kind words, I don't get called 'nice' everyday. Word:

From Webster on the Run: http://rcvman.blogspot.com/2011/01/webster-on-run.html

Have a great day.