Sunday, July 10, 2011

Madness

Full-on dress rehearsal this beautiful morning for next week's main event. We set up the old PVC bike racks (pix) and ran a 2.5/25/5K Duathlon to practice running off the bike and to perfect and execute sanitary transitions. The clean getaway. In and out. Drop those rocks and start the clocks. Along the way we were met by a gal on a mouthwatering Litespeed and she caught us on a slight uphill.


Do I know you?, she says.


Probably, I says.


You live here?


Yup.


Bi Cycles or Classic?


Used to be Classic, but I'm now working with Tom.


Nice guy.


GREAT guy.


Ugh, you are going pretty fast, wasssup?


Dress rehearsal for next weeks triathlon in Chelan.


Ah, your first?


My four hundred and twenty-ninth, but HER first, I says, nodding behind to indicate and introduce Stephanie.


COOL.


Very.


Grand BAC HoM bravo zulus to longtime spinners Kathy and Bob for their racing victories over the weekend. Kathy (pictured above) took the silver medal in both the 50 and 100 meter sprints at the Olympic Senior Games. And Bob bested his time over last year by over SIX MINUTES (emphasis mine) placing eighth in the cutthroat M45-49 division down at the Hagg Lake, OR Olympic Triathlon. Bob did it on the run and by cleaning up his transition times.


There is madness behind all this method. See ya at 0530.

2 comments:

Bob P said...

Another beautiful day at Hagg Lake -but not quite as hot as last year. Race went well. A bit dismayed that my swim and bike were exactly the same as last year - but very happy once I found my legs on the run. I guess its all in finding balance.
Traveling this week, so won't make it to the HoM. Good luck at ChelanMan
Bob

KML5 said...

That is a valid and dramatic indicator of your base fitness, my friend. Six minutes is huge. Congratulations. I think we should seriously consider IM Arizona in 2012. I know another local long course guy and three is a great motivational training number. http://ironmanarizona.com/registration/general-entry/